Unless you are a morning person, many of us like to sleep in, provided there are not serious responsibilities to be met in the morning. Sunrise is often a rarely seen phenomenon for today’s youth.
Yet, some days, we are bound to wake up early. What to do then? You’ll have no peace of mind until that day comes and goes. How to bear the D-day without feeling grumpy?
Moreover, waking up early is a challenge. And you plainly hate to wake up to that annoying alarm, hit snooze button, take a nap and finally wake up late as you feared, swearing. And you don’t fancy your mom or sibling/roommate pouring a bucket of cold water over you.
Read our Positive tips to wake up occasionally early for that important day in good cheer and warm expectations. Waking up in a good mood definitely assures a great day ahead.
- Make an effort to go to bed early the previous night or at your usual time, whichever is earlier than the small hours of next morning.
- Have a light supper early in the evening, no coffee or chocolate that night, no late night movie/chatting/net surfing. Relieve your bladder before hitting the bed.
- Drink a glass of cold water/ warm milk before sleep, listen to cool melodies or read short story/ previously read favourite fiction, sleep in dim light and comfortable temperature.
- Before being swept off into Dreams-villa, think about how you really mean to, and will, wake up early next morn. Get excited about something that you would like to do in the morning, something you are looking forward to. Plan step by step what’s going to be your morning to do list, a pressure free, relaxed schedule.
- Fix a mild alarm tone at least 15 minutes earlier to the time you intend to wake up, just in case. You don’t have to depend on anyone else for proving that you can wake up early if you want to.
- Keep the windows half-open so that you are open to the sounds and light of the morning.
- On that 95% possibility that you are going to wake up early by following these steps, as you rise to the morning rays, deactivate the alarm, sit up and meditate for 3 minutes. That is to say, do nothing, feel glad that you did it. Well begun is half done. Be grateful that you didn’t just die in sleep for there are exciting times coming up in life, you can’t afford to miss them while you’re alive.
- Have a cup of hot tea/coffee/milk/ cold water, take a shower, put some happy tunes in loudspeaker, stretch, do few exercise moves, take a shower, move around, feel the warmth of the sun on your body.
- Have self-control to not find excuses to sleep in or go back to bed.
Yay, you did it! Get dressed, relish breakfast slowly, reach in time and surprise everyone.